UNION HRD MINISTER SHRI PRAKASH JAVADEKAR INAUGURATES ‘CHINTAN SHIVIR’
New Delhi. Union HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated a two-day National Workshop ‘Chintan Shivir’ organized by Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development in New Delhi today. The main aim of the workshop is to provide holistic education relevant for 21st century India and to bring together key stakeholders from various NGOs, private sector and individuals to deliberate on key themes in the education sector.
Speaking on the occasion HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar congratulated the officers of the ministry for organizing the workshop by which we can learn from the best practices of each other. He informed that workshop mainly focuses on five themes ie Digital education, Life Skill education, Experimental learning, Physical Education and Value education.
He envisaged ‘Operation Digital Board’ to be operational in all the schools of the country in the coming years. He said government and various other organisations working in the field of education should do content corporation and create a common digital platform to provide digital education for all the students of the country. The Minister said education is incomplete without Physical Education. Students must do exercise, yoga, aerobics, running depending upon their choice to stay fit and healthy. The Minister further said life skill education and value education is the need of the hour and one must inculcate these attributes in his behavior for the holistic development.
Speaking on the occasion MoS, HRD Shri Satyapal Singh said that the main aim of the education is to provide complete development of a person and to inculcate humanity in them. He said complete development involves development of human body, mind, wisdom and soul. He further said that human body can be developed by teaching physical education and wisdom can be gained by value education. We must teach our children the value of life and education. He appreciated the efforts of the organizers and wished them all the success in future endeavors.
Union HRD Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar also launched a Compendium on ‘Innovations and Best Practices in School Education’ and a State-NGO-CSR Portal – ‘Shaala Sarathi’ on the occasion.
Over the course of two days a total of 157 organizations/experts will be making their point via presentations. The participants will be divided theme-wise and detailed discussion would be held amongst the participants who would create an actionable roadmap that will be presented to the Union HRD Minister.
Shri Anil Swarup, Secretary, Department of School Education & Literacy, Smt Rina Ray, Spl. Secretary, Department of School Education & Literacy , Smt Anita Karwal Chairperson, CBSE and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
TWO-DAY CONFERENCE OF STATES POWER MINISTERS TO BE HELD IN RAJGIR, BIHAR
A two – day conference of Ministers for Power and New & Renewable Energy of States & Union Territories will be held in Rajgir, Bihar, on 10 th and 11 th of November, 2017 . The Conference will be inaugurated by Shri Raj Kumar Singh, Union Minister of State ( IC ) for Power and New & Renewable Energy . The aim of this two – day conference is to review the implementation of various ongoing Schemes / Programmes and deliberate on a host of issues pertaining to Power and Renewable Energy sectors .
Ministers and Secretaries of the States and Union territories and senior officials of the two sectors and Public Sector Undertakings under them will meet up to discuss issues like,
- Saubhagya (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana):Achieving 100% household electrification by December, 2018
- DDUGJY:Completion of feeder separation, system strengthening projects
- Prepaid/ Smart Meters
- Expediting IPDS works in Urban areas and reduction of AT&C losses to less than 10%
- Promotion of Digital Payments
- Strategy towards 24×7 Power for All
- Compliance of RPO targetsand REC mechanism by the States/UTs. RPO trajectory for the year 2022 and incentives to DISCOMs for achievements of these RPO targets
- How to mandate Cross Subsidy Charges within the specified limit prescribed in Tariff Policy
- ISTS:Transmission charges
- PPAs:Signing and honouring
- Ash ManagementSystem: Launch of Mobile Application
- Operating Hydropower Projectsat designed maximum peaking capacity
- Discussion on Infrastructure Fundingof Hydro Power Projects
- Right of Way (RoW) Issuesin Transmission Projects
- Potential opportunities and action plan for making Buildings Energy Efficient: Review of progress of adoption of Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) by States
- Demand Side Managementthrough use of energy efficient appliances
- Promoting E-Mobility(Electrical vehicles) in India: Standards, Charging Infrastructure and Market Transformation
NEW & RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR
Renewable Energy Sources
- Scheduling & Forecasting for Renewable Energy Integration
- Review of Implementation of Solar programme
- Challenges being faced in implementation of Solar Rooftop programme
- Presentation on new Decentralized ground mounted Grid connected solar energy/ KUSUM Programme
- RE-INVEST 2017
- Review of Wind Power programme
- Review of SHP programme
- Review of Biomass programme
- LWE Districts
The concluding session of the conference would consist of comments and feedback by States / UTs and adoption of Conference Resolution by the delegates .