PUBLIC AWARENESS AND PEACEFUL PROTEST ORGANISED BY CRISP NGO ON THE OCCASION OF CHILDERNS DAY
PUBLIC AWARNESS AND PEACEFUL PROTEST ORGAINSED BY CRISP NGO ON THE OCCASION OF CHILDERNS DAY
CHILD RIGHTS INITIATIVE FOR SHARED PARENTING (CRISP), DEMANDS THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO BE TAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE THE CHILDREN AND PROMOTE THEIR WELFARE:
- We demand immediate implementation to make Shared Parenting mandatory (joint custody) and the Union Government should also pass a Legislation to this effect. Also cases in the family courts pertaining to children born to parents who are separated / divorced must be settled within 6 months, by opening special Guardian Courts.
- Courts and police to ensure proper enforcement of court orders pertaining to visitation rights and vacation custody of the child to non custodian parent which is often been disobeyed by the custodian parents with an ulterior motive. We demand strict punishment for such parents.
- Improve the quality of visitation room at the Family Court campus in Bangalore so that the Father Child bonding is facilitated better. Make it a bigger place with crèche facilities, washroom facilities and toys and games.
- Make it the duty of the custodial parent to speak & convince the child and educate him/her about the advantages of spending time with the non-custodial parent and not to brainwash the child in his / her favor.
- Punish parents who are responsible for the Parent Alienation Syndrome (PAS) and classify PAS as child abuse and make it a criminal offence and punish such parents who commit this offence.
- Open more Child Friendly Helplines to report abuse in all major areas of the city & also at schools to train children how to handle helpline facilities.
- De-link Women & Child Development ministry & create a separate Union Ministry for children to address their grievances since the present WCD ministry is working more towards the women rights than child rights which is not in the interest of the minor children who are about 40% of our population & not vote banks, usually political parties ignore child rights.
We appeal to our media friends to take up this matter and bring it to the notice of the society for the safety and welfare of our children since the divorce rates are massively increasing especially in the cities.
CRISP NGO and its members with the support of several organizations have arranged a peaceful protest meet on the occasion of children’s day on 14th Nov, (Tuesday) between 9:30 AM to 12.30 noon noon at Mourya circle in front of Gandhi statue. People across the state & many children also will participate in support of the cause to protect child rights & to make shared parenting mandatory. Children from Sumangali seva asharama orphange will also protest
MOMS, DADS, GRANDPARENTS AND MANY CELEBRITIES WILL PARTICIPATE IN SUPPORT OF CHILD RIGHTS