BIRD VIEW OF DEVELOPMENT ACTIVATES KSRTC IN THE LAST ONE YEAR FROM FEBRUARY 2017 TO FEBRUARY 2018
Bengaluru. Profit: Previous year KSRTC recorded a loss of Rs. -138.50 Crore , in the present year up to February 2018 KSRTC recorded a profit of Rs.10.29 Crore though there is an increase in Diesel and Staff Cost, None of the STU’s in the country has made profit.
Sl. No. Financial performance
(Rs. in Crores)
1 Traffic Revenue Current year 2712.90
Previous Year 2503.91
2 Other Revenue Current year 451.97
Previous Year 329.99
Cost of Operation ( Diesel cost RS.16.36 Crore and Rs.69 Crores Staff cost extra burden this year) Current year 3154.58
Previous Year 2972.41
4 Total Revenue Current year 3164.88
Previous Year 2833.91
5 Margin Current year 10.29 profit
Previous Year -138.50 loss
2. In the year of 2014 bus fare was increased to 7.96%, but in the year 2015 2% fare was reduced.
3. In the last one year 415 new schedules and 1621 new buses were inducted.
4. 15 new bus stations, 4 new bus depots were constructed. Training centre at Malavalli and 3 new bus stations are under construction.
5. In the history of KSRTC, for the first time, highest revenue of Rs.13.67Cr.was collected on Dt: 23.10.2017.
6. Recruitment of 72 Class 2 officers is under final stage. 80 supervisors are recruited through on-line exam, process started to recruit 833 Driver-Cum-Conductor post.
7. Chitradurga and Shimogga Divisional office were inaugurated, it was long pending request.
8. Fly bus introduced to Madikeri and Selam.
9. Lands given to KSRTC at free of cost by the government : Pandavapura taluk, Jakkanahalli village 2 acres 4 guntas, Chitradurga bus terminal at Hollakere 1.19 acres, Shiddlaghatta 5 acres, Shimoga 7.4 acres, Byandoor 8.23 acres, Harapanahalli 54 cents, Udupi 2.36 acres, Chikkmangaluru 1.20 acres Kollegala bus staion & Sringeri 5 acres a total 100 crores of rupees free lands were taken to KSRTC.
10. In the last one year, 21 National and International Awards were bestowed to KSRTC for its commuters friendly services. KSRTC is the State Road Transport Corporation in India which has won the International Road Transport Union Bus Excellence runner-up Award-2017
Employees friendly programs:
1. The medical facility which was only provided for IAS,IPS, IFS & KAS officers i.e., Master Cardiac and Health Check up facility the same will be provided to the employees of the who is 40 and above in Collaboration with Jayadeva Hospitals. This free annual health check up which is compulsory, KSRTC will be spending Rs.2.5 Crores for this, since KSRTC considers its employees as its first priority.
2. In the past, The Chief Minister Gold Award & Silver award were given to only for accident free drivers. Now the same award will be given to Driver-cum-Conductors. Almost 13623 driver – cum-conductors will be benefitted.
3. 588 accident free drivers are awarded with silver medal in January 2018 which was pending in the last 5-6 years.
4. Presentation of Chairman Gold and Silver medals to the Officers / Officials of the Security and Vigilance Department, KSRTC., recognizing their special and exemplary achievements is introduced from 2016-17.
5. The employees of the Corporation, who get injuries while on duty corporation will reimburse the cost of replacement of artificial organs with double the cost of central government specified and the complete operational expenditure will be borne by the corporation.
1. We are giving medical reimbursement to regular employees in the same manner medical reimbursement facility were extended to the trainee employees and their family members
2. Issuing of free bus passes restricting to the wife/husband of the retired officials/officers of all the four Transport Corporations of the state collecting annual processing fee of Rs.500/- and class-2 and above offers who are retired on 01-01-1988 are allowed to travel in Rajahamsa and a/c service (all premium services) by paying half of the bus fare(half of the bus fare the destination fo travel)
1. Entrusting the maintenance of Bus Stations, urinals and toilets in the jurisdiction of Bangalore Central, Ramanagar and Mandya Divisions to M/s:Sulabh International an NGO with a view to provide better facilities to the travelling public.
2. Free places in KSRTC for ‘Indira Canteen’ at Kempegowda bus station, near Shanthala Silk House and Sangam theatre Bengaluru , Hunsur anfd Chikkaballapur .
3. To provide better facility to passengers, KSRTC has introduced the supply of 500 ml packaged drinking water in its premium services, procuring water bottles from MSIL (Govt. of Karnataka undertaking) at competitive prices. Packaged water bottles will be provided daily at Rs.4.30 per bottle compared to earlier cost of Rs.5.43 per bottle.
4. FASTag in 8400 KSRTC buses and free Wi-Fi facilities in 8800 buses already wifi installed in 1600 buses
5. KSRTC in association with RO water plant installing in 15 bus stations under phase I namely Pandavapura. Malavalli, Melukote, Kukke Subramanya, Dharmasthala, Kundapura, Jagaluru, Bhadravathi, Honnahalli, Hiriyur, K.R.Pete, Nagamangala, Srirangapattana. Under this project, drinking water on Rs.1 per liter to all its others passengers. Another 3 to 4 months time all bus stations will be installed with RO plants.
6. Introduced 45 Bus Mitra vehicles to rush the accident spot and also MOU is signed with Golden hour trust swift accidental help.
7. For safety of commuters in the 1st stage 184 CCTV were installed at Bengaluru Central Division’s 6 depots, Bus stations and Regional workshop at a cost of Rs.1.39 Cr.
8. An MoU is signing with Red Cross Society for providing first-aid kits in all the KSRTC buses and first aid training to the drivers and conductors.