NATIONAL HEALTH POLICY
New Delhi. The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Smt Anupriya Patel stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.
The Government has formulated and brought out National Health Policy, 2017, which aims at attainment of the highest possible level of good health and well-being, through a preventive and promotive health care orientation in all developmental policies, and universal access to good quality health care services without anyone having to face financial hardship as a consequence. The National Health Policy, 2017 is available at http://mohfw.nic.in/sites/ default/ files / 9147562941489753121. Pdf
The National Health Policy,2017 states following targets for reduction in incidence and prevalence of certain disease conditions:
- HIV/AIDS: Achieve global target of 2020 (also termed as target of 90:90:90)
- Eliminate Leprosy by 2018, Kala-Azar by 2017 and Lymphatic Filariasis in endemic pockets by 2017
- Eliminate Tuberculosis by 2025: Achieving and maintaining a cure rate of >85% in new sputum positive patients and reduce incidence of new cases.
- Reduce prevalence of blindness to 0.25/ 1000 by 2025 and disease burden by onethird from current levels.
- Reduce premature mortality from cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes and chronic respiratory diseases by 25% by 2025.
“Public Health and Hospitals” being a State subject, the primary responsibility for providing affordable health services lies with respective State/UT Governments. Technical and financial support under the National Health Mission (NHM) is being provided to States/UTs for strengthening their health system for provision of universally accessible affordable and quality healthcare. A statement showing State/UT wise expenditure including Jharkhand under National Health Mission during 2016-17 is given below:
State-wise Expenditure under NHM 2016-17]
|S/No.||States||2016-17[Rs. in crore]|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||28.83|
|8||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||17.22|
|9||Daman & Diu||9.97|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||414.43|
Note: NHM: Expenditure includes expenditure against Central release, State release and unspent balances at the beginning of the year.